Willis Tower Skydeck Undergoes Multi-Million Dollar Renovation – And That’s Not All – NBC Chicago
The Willis Tower Skydeck has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that includes Chicago-centric exhibits like an “L” car and a “Second City” stage – and that’s not the only change coming in the most. tall Chicago building.
“The new Skydeck tells the story of Chicago, from the Great Chicago Fire to iconic city legends, and allows visitors to actively engage with our beloved home in a way all their own,” said said CEO Randy Stancik. “From interactive and educational installations to fun, photo-worthy moments, guests of all ages, backgrounds and geographies will leave with a new connection to Chicago and the incredible memories of our unprecedented sights.”
While Skydeck Chicago and the Ledge’s glass boxes remain prime spots for the view of the Chicago area, other parts of the tower have been designed for residents to grab new, even free, glimpses of the city.
Catalog, described as a “five-tier city destination,” has a “vast, elegantly curved skylight” as well as restaurants, retail and entertainment.
Dining options include the new Tortazo from Michelin-starred chef Rick Bayless, offering quick and relaxed Mexican flavors, from tortas and bowls to soups.
The new park of the Willis Tower, the outdoor terrace, is open to all and feels like being in another world, with green spaces, walking paths and places to eat.
The building has plenty in store for these spaces with events and training courses, and more information will be available on their website soon.
Here’s a look at Stancik and Skydeck:
- Beginning with “Origins”, visitors will learn about Chicago’s history; meet the great Chicago fire; and walk through a bright Chicago River tunnel, while learning about the city during its formative years.
- The “Architecture” section features an interactive video tour of the city known for its skyline, ending at the iconic Willis Tower. Guests will then have the chance to pose next to the floor-to-ceiling tower antennas to capture the perfect social media photo.
- From there, visitors will board a full-size replica of the “L” train and tour a plethora of vibrant Chicago neighborhoods while viewing video screens from the windows.
- Going deeper into the experience, visitors will experience a true “Taste of Chicago” and can strike a pose on the larger-than-life deep pizza platform or sit on the Chicago-style hot dog bench nine feet long. .
- In the “Characters” and “Streetscapes” areas, guests will have the opportunity to tell jokes on a Second City stage, interact with the Chicago performing arts scene, and pose with Chicago icons and landmarks. , such as Michael Jordan and the legendary Wrigley Field marquee.
- The lower-level experience culminates with “Urban Playground,” leaving visitors with a lasting impression of what makes the energetic metropolis so extraordinary.