Shipping and data privacy are major themes in the latest PE investments [Thomas M&A Tracker]
Welcome to Thomas Insights – every day we post the latest news and analysis to keep our readers up to date with what’s happening in the industry. Sign up here to receive the best stories of the day straight to your inbox.
Each week, Thomas’ team follows merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the industrial space to stay on top of investments, partnerships and other business deals that are shaping the future of the industrial landscape. We share with you a selection of these M&A deals in our new Thomas M&A Tracker, featured both on Thomas Insights and in the Thomas Industry Update Newsletter every Tuesday.
To receive weekly M&A updates delivered straight to your inbox, click here to subscribe to the Thomas Industry Update newsletter.
The latest M&A activity at a glance:
Logistics and Shipping
- Skipjack supply chain, a SaaS package platform, and Proactive global logistics, a large-scale parcel service provider, were acquired by a third-party logistics provider Redwood logistics with the goal of expanding its newly launched parcel service to create an integrated solution capable of handling the growing demand associated with e-commerce.
- Kamps inc., a Michigan-based pallet recycler owned by a private equity firm Freeman Spogli & Co., will acquire the Ohio-based company Buckeye Diamond Logistics Inc., a supplier of packaging solutions.
Communications and data
- ExtraHop, a network detection and response security software company, was acquired through Bain Capital and Crosspoint Capital Partners for $ 900 million.
- Kepler Communications, a Toronto-based startup that aspires to develop a low-earth orbit satellite communications network to bring internet access outside of Earth for the future space economy, raised $ 60 million in Series B funding as part of a fundraiser led by Capital of the tribe.
- Data Sentry, a Toronto-based data trust and compliance platform, secured $ 3.6 million in seed funding led by Brightspark Ventures, which will be used to accelerate its growth in data privacy software.
- 3d systems, a Colorado-based on-demand manufacturing company, was acquired for $ 82 million per Trilantic North America, a private equity firm.
- Enverus, a Texas-based energy data analytics SaaS provider, was acquired by a global private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
CAD and design
- 20-20 Technologies, a Quebec provider of CAD, pricing and quotation solutions for the interior design and furniture manufacturing sector, was acquired through Genstar Capital of Capital of the Golden Gate.
Check out other recent Thomas M&A Tracker activities:
Image Credit: industryviews / Shutterstock.com