Senior Designer – Los Angeles, CA, US | Jobs
Los Angeles, California, United StatesLocation:
Wed Jul 14 21Posted on:
KTGY Architecture + Planning is one of the nation’s leading residential and mixed-use companies, delivering innovation, artistry and attention to detail in multiple studios nationwide. As creators of places, we plan and design with care, intelligence and responsiveness. By combining client goals, design efficiency and the resident experience, we create prosperous, memorable and sustainable neighborhoods of the future.
KTGY Los Angeles Studios: High Density, For Sale, Independent Living, Hospitality, and Mixed Use are built on the collaborative energy of design and technically minded architects and planners who know thriving communities are created thanks to great architecture. Innovation and the desire to create sustainable and energetic urban environments push us to adopt new techniques and technologies. Join us today and positively impact the communities in which we live, work and design.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
KTGY, one of the most successful residential architecture practices in the country, has recently established new roots at the heart of DTLA. By focusing on complex mixed-use urban projects and high-density multi-family solutions, the company is constantly pushing the limits of possibilities within the residential space. KTGY LA actively creates thoughtful design solutions for our clients that result in lasting and sustainable communities and we are looking for talented designers who are excited to contribute to the studio’s success.
The LA studio is currently looking to hire a Senior Designer who has 4-7 years of experience in mixed-use and multi-family design and who is passionate about solving complex design problems while pushing the boundaries of innovation by construction. Building on one of its core sustainability values, KTGY has joined the AIA 2030 challenge and is looking for creative, like-minded team members interested in pursuing their passion for sustainability with our talented and highly skilled team. collaborative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead communication and coordination efforts with clients and the consulting team.
- Establish design concepts for urban housing projects at different scales.
- Manage projects and lead others.
- Participate in technical aspects to ensure the integrity of the design.
- Perform a preliminary code analysis.
- Compile and submit projects to urban planning services.
- Attend public hearings and agency meetings as needed.
- Examine and participate in the billing of the project.
- Constantly check the accuracy of own work and that of others.
- Train and supervise junior staff.
- Contribute to budget and schedule review meetings.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Communicate effectively with and lead a project team, including taking directions, giving directions, and asking questions.
- Anticipate and solve design problems creatively.
- Understanding of the owner / architect contract and the scope of work of KTGY.
- Actively continue the licensing and review process.
- Continuously strive to improve knowledge by keeping up to date on industry trends and competitor practices.
- Display a positive attitude towards the job at hand, co-workers, customers, management and company policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking quick action to achieve goals.
- Participate as an active member and contributor of a team to achieve team goals and work collaboratively with other team members.
- Use creativity and imagination to develop new knowledge about situations and apply new solutions to problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Precise and detail-oriented
- Ability to research and learn various codes and ordinances
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Demonstrated ability to plan, program, direct the work of self and others
- Basic understanding and mastery of the following software:
- Autocad and / or Revit (Revit preferred)
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- At least 4-7 years of industry experience
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- 4-year architectural degree preferred and / or combination of education and experience required.
- Intermediate understanding of building codes, including state and local state codes.
- Specialized knowledge of different types of housing, code requirements and building practices and how to apply, detail and specify them.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …