JennAir’s Inaugural Trend Report Unveils Luxury Kitchen Design Trends and Desire for Customization
BENTON HARBOR, Michigan., April 21, 2021 / PRNewswire / – JennAir, the luxury home appliance brand known for promoting innovative design, today launched its first Trends Report, offering an in-depth look at luxury kitchen trends impacting home design across the country. The findings, described in more detail below, reveal that custom kitchens are on the rise, that centerpieces are the new standard for bringing individuality to design, and that sleek, modern appliances are replacing designs in the home. cookie cutter from the kitchens of the past. The results clearly indicate that today’s modern luxury consumers are more passionate than ever about customizing a kitchen tailored to their personality and breaking the monotony of basic materials and finishes.
“JennAir stands for advancement and breaking away from traditional luxury standards. With this trend report, we aim to highlight how the desires of modern luxury consumers have evolved over the past year.” , said Lauren Bigger, Senior Director of Brand Marketing, JennAir. “The results push us further down the road of progress and suggest that, with more time spent at home, our customers crave a space that reflects their personality. We plan to continue to offer distinct configurations and designs to inspire personalization and personalization at every step of the kitchen design journey. “
A growing desire for individuality in design
Luxury designers and architects know their clients are looking to stand out, paving the way for appliances capable of transforming kitchens into bold, individualized spaces.
- 90% of designers and architects agree their clients are more focused on designing a space that reflects their own personality than the resale value of the design
- 89% say customizing a kitchen design plan has become more important to customers in the past 1-2 years
- 58% say customers want a home that reflects their personality more than a home that reflects common trends
Priority to form and function
For modern luxury consumers, the marriage of form and function is essential. This year has seen renewed interest in home appliances that set kitchens apart, with consumers willing to pay the price.
- 90% agree that customers are looking for remarkable pieces to make their kitchen stand out from the crowd
- 98% agree devices should look as good as they work
- 51% of architects and designers say sleek, modern home appliances are the most common growing trend in 2021
The impact of COVID-19
The impact of COVID-19 has touched all industries, and with more time spent at home and in the kitchen than ever before, consumer design preferences have also transformed.
- 73% of designers and architects say COVID-19 has at least somewhat impacted client design preferences
- 60% of respondents say customer interest in professional-style kitchen appliances has increased since the COVID-19 outbreak
- 43% say customers are asking for more advanced technology features in kitchens than before the pandemic
- 63% of designers and architects predict that the demand for city living will likely increase over the next 12 months as the COVID-19 pandemic abates
Spotlight on the region
Major industry trends vary by region as designers and architects tailor kitchen designs to meet the unique expectations of their local customers. JennAir’s Trends Report looked at five markets separately – New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami and Chicago —To discover region-specific information.
- Price tag. Trends come at a cost, and it’s one that customers are willing to pay for. Designers and architects report to their clients an average budget of $ 20,211 for the perfect suite of devices. In fact, 30% say their customers are willing to spend more than $ 20,000, designers and architects based in New York (16%) and Los Angeles (20%) are particularly likely to report that clients are willing to pay more than $ 50,000.
- On the spot. Sleek, modern home appliances are particularly popular in New York City (64%) and Chicago (54%). NYC (88%) and Chicago (84%) are the most likely to strongly or strongly agree that high-end kitchen appliances should look as good as they do. IN LA (60%) and Miami (54%), consumers are particularly interested in marble countertops, with results suggesting that consumers prioritize kitchen finishes as design accents.
- Trend in Texas. Architects and designers in Dallas (50%) place professional restaurant-grade appliances as their top trend and place high-end appliances (46%) as the top kitchen design feature that customers are asking for now.
- Expert opinion. When it comes to home appliances, designers and architects in New York (54%), LA (66%) and Dallas (56%) rank glass and mirrored kitchen decorative panels as the top design feature they would recommend for creating a custom space, while those Miami (54%) and Chicago (56%) say distinctive interior lighting is the top design feature they would recommend.
Products for the informed consumer
Rooted in deep consumer knowledge, JennAir approaches product design and execution with its Bound By Nothing ™ philosophy in mind. Designed to meet the evolving desires of the modern luxury consumer, many products are newly available on the market, including:
- RISE ™ and NOIR ™: The design phrases RISE and NOIR are two distinct designs throughout the kitchen – giving consumers choice rather than a one-size-fits-all approach to luxury. The sleek and modern aesthetic of NOIR can serve the growing trend of devices meeting this aesthetic.
- Urban life: Highlighting the importance of a flexible range of appliances for small spaces, and available in RISE and BLACK design expressions, the Urban Living range will be available this spring with a return to city centers later this year. to come up.
- Smoke and Brass Professional Style Range: Smoke & Brass reaches new heights of art and craft, created to stand out from the crowd. Each refined piece features an antiqued smoke finish, bronze brass accents, and an anodized handle and knobs. With only a limited amount available, no two will be the same, giving some homeowners a fearless statement unlike anything else.
- Burlesque column refrigeration: With only 13 available worldwide, Burlesque stands out with its rich and sultry interior in burgundy hues inspired by deep reds often seen in luxury cars and the lush, velvet interior of an antique jewelry box. JennAir offers a modern twist to classic luxury and proves that form and function can live in harmony with this option, which can be paired in many ways, including with JennAir.® stainless steel or leather panels Cuts.
Consumers and designers are invited to immerse themselves in the JennAir® products that meet the demands of modern luxury consumers revealed. Locations to see the RISE and BLACK design expressions include the A&D building in New York City, Pacific Sales and Howard’s in Los Angeles, Capital distribution showroom (Ferguson Enterprise) at Dallas, Ferguson in Miami, ABT in Chicago and more. Find a local showroom or schedule an in-person or virtual meeting at the A&D building here.
The survey, conducted on behalf of JennAir by Wakefield Research, looked at 500 interior designers and luxury architects, including 250 across the United States, and an additional 50 in each of the five markets – New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago and Dallas. The data shows how much they agree with the overwhelming majority that customization and kitchen design reflecting the personality rather than the common trends of the house are important to their luxury clientele.
Defying physics with the invention of downdraft ventilation, Lou Jenn forged the path to open concept and changed the kitchen forever. Founded in this progress, JennAir fearlessly carries her torch – determined to burn the weary conventions of luxury. JennAir makes distinctive luxury kitchen appliances that push form and function to transform spaces. With exceptional performance, masterful execution and provocative design, JennAir offerings are powerful, yet tailor-made for individual tastes, breaking standards to deliver the advancement that today’s luxury consumer deserves. To speak to a Concierge at the JennAir Epicenter or learn more about new JennAir offerings, please visit JennAir.com or join us on instagram.com/JennAir, twitter.com/JennAir and youtube.com/JennAir.