Global Terahertz Technologies Market Was Valued At USD
New York, July 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Reportlinker.com announces the publication of the report “Terahertz Technologies Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” – https: // www .reportlinker .com / p06039482 /? utm_source = GNW
Terahertz radiation (THz) exhibits three unique properties, which are stimulating the development of the entire terahertz industry.
– The growing concerns regarding security systems in various industry verticals have created an urgent need for effective solutions resulting in the growth of the studied market. The comparative niche market potential of terahertz technology has mainly been implemented in applications such as security imaging and non-destructive testing. The non-ionizing, non-invasive radiation of terahertz waves has made them extremely useful in the healthcare industry.
– With the onset of COVID-19, the terahertz technology market is expected to experience growth with its major application in health, biomedical and safety applications. With a limited supply of COVID-19 test kits in countries like India and other parts of the world, people with mild symptoms are less likely to be tested. In order to tackle this problem, in May 2020, a team of researchers from the Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO) and North Eastern Hill University are working on the development of a terahertz (t-ray) radiation scanning unit based on artificial intelligence to address the limitation of infrared thermal scanner in the accurate and early detection of coronavirus patients.
– One of the important factors driving the adoption of terahertz technology in the security industry is the ability to perform full or partial body scan and other related security checks without any radiation on the vital elements. The technology is seeing significant adoption in airport screening, which helps to increase screening throughput with proven high detection performance. According to the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), the number of passengers screened per hour at the Canadian airport increased to 217 per hour in 2020, from 159 per hour in 2016.
– In 2020, a researcher at MIT and the University of Waterloo developed a high-power portable version of a device called a quantum cascade laser, which can generate terahertz radiation outside of a laboratory environment that can potentially be used in applications such as skin cancer localization and detection of hidden explosives. This research was funded by NASA and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. The technology could also be applied in many industries where the detection of foreign objects in a product is necessary to ensure its safety and quality.
– Terahertz imaging is still a relatively new technology. Thus, it struggles to replace existing technologies that currently dominate the market. It took some time to validate the usefulness and uniqueness of terahertz technology as a service to end users. Thus, the effort to replace technology, such as X-rays and MRI, in industry is a very complicated and exhaustive task, which could end up costing end-users huge sums of money. These above costs have a huge effect in limiting the adoption of terahertz technology as end users are not fully convinced of its benefits.
Key market trends
Defense and security set to be one of the fastest growing industries
– Terahertz technology for security and defense applications has recently seen increasing interest with particular emphasis on the imaging of concealed explosives. The ability to detect and identify objects hidden behind barriers is one of the main features of THz technology. In today’s security environments, the ability to identify threats such as hidden weapons, body worn explosives is an important operational need.
– Additionally, in response to the urgent demand for efficient, safe and rapid imaging in remote security control applications, a new sub-terahertz safety body scanner was developed by researchers in March 2020. This new scanner 100 GHz safety device presented the test results, which demonstrate that it can perform detection through the garment at safety distances of 3 to 6 m with a respective lateral resolution of 3 to 6 cm. The depth of field of the system has been experimentally determined to be approximately 30 cm. Such an initiative in remote places such as the airport is highly recommended.
– THz imagery associated with aerial surveillance radars is another technological pair that is beginning to be explored. In recent years, the South China Morning Post has published an article claiming that China’s largest arms maker, China North Industries Group Corporation, has successfully tested THz instruments capable of detecting stealth aircraft. China’s past research on foreign and dual-use technologies suggests that the country will continue to develop its THz technology in competition with other international powers such as the United States.
– Terahertz can also assist in personnel recovery (PR) missions for downed crews or groups of people in unfortunate situations that require assistance or rescue. In a degraded visual environment such as dust storms in the Middle East, THz’s operating frequencies and smaller wavelength make it an ideal choice for finding and tracking human-sized targets of interest for recovery. . Additionally, the THz could help rotary-wing aircraft crew perform field landings by detecting terrain and other obstacles and vertical development in dark weather that could pose safety risks.
– Additionally, COVID-19 has revolutionized security practices as well as other aspects of daily life, as screening people through personal âpat-downsâ is no longer secure. The passive terahertz technology developed by ESA, which can remotely detect objects hidden under clothing, helps to fill this gap. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency is one of the newest of more than 200 users of the technology, deploying it to secure its U.S. border. The technology was marketed by UK company Thruvision, with customers including airports around the world and the LA metro as well as the US Customs and Border Protection Agency.
North America is expected to have the largest market share
– The United States is one of the important markets for terahertz technologies, mainly due to growing homeland security concerns, defense investments and increased R&D. In addition, strict government regulations regarding the safety and production of aerospace technologies in the United States, along with the rapidly growing automotive and aerospace industries, are driving the market for terahertz technologies in the region.
– According to the US Department of Commerce, the US aerospace industry contributed approximately $ 118.5 billion to the US economy in the form of export sales. It is predicted that over the next 20 years, the number of large commercial aircraft could experience a growth rate of 3.5% per year, reaching a total of 34,000 units, which is estimated at approx. $ 4.5 trillion. Such demand from the aviation industry is an important driver for the growth of inspection systems based on terahertz technology.
– US Air Force researchers are studying technologies for future line-of-sight air-to-air communications and networks at frequencies above 100 GHz to help aircraft exchange critical combat management information. For the same, Air Force experts are expected to test Terahertz communication technologies through modeling and simulation.
– Like the United States, Canada is also expected to experience significant growth in demand for THz technology due to increased demand for security screening equipment in various public places. For example, Canadian airlines screen passengers before they board flights to the country. The Air Canada union, which is the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), announced an additional pre-flight check by making flight attendants responsible for the check. In addition, the union announced that airports or airlines should have specially AG recently announced the expansion of its manufacturing plant in Canada. The company trained the affected staff.
– A new Canadian research chair at ETS is developing advanced modulation devices for terahertz waves. Research is focused on developing methods and technologies that could eventually encrypt data transmitted by future ultra-wideband (UWB) telecommunications networks.
The terahertz technology market is very competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players, holding significant market shares, are focusing on expanding their customer base abroad. These companies rely on strategic collaboration initiatives to increase their market share and profitability. Companies operating in the market are also acquiring start-ups working on terahertz technologies to strengthen their product capabilities. Market concentration is therefore medium.
– March 2021 – Bakman Technologies has launched a new controller based on the electronics of its PB7220 series of THz spectrometers in the frequency domain. This controller has been enhanced for use in spectroscopic, portable and avionics ready THz sensors. Although designed for this specific task, the controller can be used for any photo-mixing or heterodyne optics application between DC and 10 THz.
– March 2021 – TERASENSE presents a new family of terahertz generators, with a fixed frequency of 95 GHz and an output power of over 1.8W. Such advancements have been achieved primarily through an innovative design of an improved power amplification circuit, called IMPATT + amplifier technology.
– January 2021 – TeraView has secured approximately â¬ 191 million in Sustainable Innovation Fund development funding from Innovate UK, a UK innovation agency. This funding is specifically intended for TeraView’s advanced technology for next generation 6G network applications. TeraView will use its expertise and intellectual property to develop the building blocks of future 6G networks, which will use terahertz (THz) frequencies.
– July 2020 – Advantest Corporation has started selling its new TS9001 TDR system based on the company’s proprietary Terahertz technology to provide high-resolution, non-destructive analysis of circuit faults in advanced semiconductor packages, such as BGAs chip flip, wafer-level packages, and 2.5D / 3D integrated circuits.
Reasons to buy this report:
– The market estimate sheet (ME) in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06039482/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.