Architectural Project Manager, Revit Experience and Licensure Preferred, Houston TX – Houston, TX, US | Works
Houston, Texas, United StatesSite:
Tue 24 Aug ’21Posted on:
You are on a mission. Fortunately, so are we. It’s true, Blueline is recruiting! Our award-winning team of professional architects, construction managers and interior designers would love to talk to you about joining our team. If you enjoy helping clients flourish and grow, and understand that it’s not really about the building, but what happens inside after our work is done, please check out the openings. in our Houston, TX office for a
Background and job summary
Blueline is an integrated project services company providing strategic planning, architecture, interior design and construction management services. Blueline serves clients in the South, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and Midwest, with offices in Virginia and Texas. The project manager manages the daily operations of the projects.
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each of the essential tasks mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or abilities required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in accordance with United States Disability Law and state or local law.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be ALL of the responsibilities or qualifications of the position.
Essential Duties and Functions: (Plus other duties assigned or required)
- Execute project work plans developed by the senior project manager
- Manage and participate in discovery, design and delivery services in accordance with the deliverables defined in the contract with the client
- Regularly update project budget and schedule and submit and forward to Senior Project Manager and Head of Customer Service for review
- Communicate proactively and regularly with consultants (internal and external) and strategic partners ensuring that their work is up-to-date, accurate and coordinated with Blueline work
- Schedule and lead meetings with clients, contractors, suppliers, government officials, other Blueline staff, etc. as needed to maintain project schedule
- Lead the development of building code and regulatory compliance
- Prepare documents for quality assurance reviews as planned by the senior project manager
- With other members of the CST and Blueline leadership team, cultivate and build mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners
Skills and qualifications:
- An architect’s license with a minimum of five years of experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketchup, Microsoft Office and other software used by the company
- Experience in managing multiple projects
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills, with the ability to complete projects on time with precision and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Initiative and professional dynamism
- Highly ethical
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
Education: Professional Design Diploma
Supervisory responsibility: This position oversees the design associates within the customer service team.
Working environment: Customer service teams will be based at the regional level.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role regularly uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 15 pounds. The specific vision abilities required by this job include near vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Type of position and expected hours of work:
This is a full time position. Typical working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 40 to 45 hours. one week.
This position will involve frequent trips to customer sites. Occasional travel to other Blueline offices will be required for training and planning.
This job description does not indicate or imply in any way that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow all other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add, revise or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow qualified persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or not, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Please send your resume and portfolio to Melanie Eby, Administration and Human Resources Manager at [email protected]