Architectural Lighting Designer – New York, NY, US | Jobs
The design workshop, a well-regarded lighting design company in the New York design community, is looking for a passionate individual to join our highly collaborative studio. An ideal candidate is motivated and excited about the power of lighting design, not only to celebrate and reveal architecture while unifying spaces, but also to support the lives and activities of the people who use those spaces. The candidate must show initiative to learn in a field in which he has practiced or not; Previous experience in the lighting design industry is an asset but not required.
The studio uses its understanding of natural and artificial lighting to create designs that inform the perception of the built environment. Our practice creates unique spaces, where lighting enhances both the space and the occupant experience. We provide lighting solutions for all types of projects including residential, hotel, commercial, corporate and healthcare. Our diverse portfolio is developed with a diverse clientele that includes architects, designers, developers and individuals.
Normal office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. However, we are currently, and for the foreseeable future, using a hybrid schedule for office and remote work.
Qualifications and skills required:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, interior design and / or lighting design
- Proficiency in Revit. The candidate should have experience using software on projects and / or in a professional office. They must not only understand how to model and navigate the software, but also be able to troubleshoot.
- Full mastery of the Adobe suite, Autodesk CAD and MS Office.
- Savvy with the development of presentation packages.
- You have an eye for detail and are comfortable working in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be engaged in assigned projects for both quality of work products and schedules, as well as being good at multitasking for diverse work on a variety of projects.
- Knowledge of AGi is a plus, but not compulsory.
Please send a copy of your resume, cover letter and sample of your work to [email protected].
We wish you good luck in your job search; if this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Back to the task list …